TAPPI, along with the NANO 2018 Planning Committee, appreciates our conference speakers and we would like to offer you a reduced conference rate. This rate will be published on our website once registration rates are available. We will continually post information about speaking at NANO18 on our website. Please check it often for updates.
Abstract Submittal is OPEN
Submissions are due by 1 December 2017.
Please submit your abstract via our Speaker Management System.
Important Deadlines for individuals that submitted an abstract
- Notification of Acceptance - 28 February 2018
Additional Speaker Management System Instructions
The same link is used to create a new submission as well as to modify an existing submission in the Speaker Management System.
- Login to the Speaker Management System by creating a User Name and Password.
- Once you have created your profile, click on "add new submission."
- Select your preferred track and enter all applicable information to upload your abstract.
- Once you have typed or uploaded your abstract, click "save."
- To add your Manuscript or PowerPoint presentation to your submission, simply click "edit" and select the appropriate files from our computer and resave. You do not need to create a new submission.
Presentation File Submission to TAPPI
Your presentation is subject to peer review and must comply with TAPPI antitrust and commercialism guidelines. Submission guidelines are listed below. Once approved, your materials will also be included in the Conference proceedings, with your permission.
You may give TAPPI your permission on your submission form in the Speaker Management System.
Attendees at industry events in the US are becoming increasingly sensitive to antitrust compliance at face to face meetings. Therefore, we remind all authors to follow these simplified guidelines in your paper or presentation slides. The full TAPPI antitrust guidelines may be found by clicking here.
- Mention of current or recent (i.e., within the last 90 days) or future production costs generally (including prices paid for raw materials, supplies and labor), and overall production or distribution costs with respect to any specific products should be avoided.
- Projected or actual cost savings related to a specific technological improvement or operational change may be discussed, as long as the specific before and after costs are not mentioned. Further, no comment whatsoever may be made about selling price changes that may occur as a result of the cost savings.
Presentations: For presenters from companies, the company name and logo should only appear on the first and last slide. “Companies” are considered any organization that provides goods or services. This minimizes the appearance of a sales pitch. For presenters from universities, government agencies, and research facilities, the organization logo can appear on each slide.
Please remember you must also register for the conference. Significantly reduced rates are available to speakers. Speakers must register by 1 May 2018 to confirm inclusion in the technical program. If speakers are not registered by this date, their presentation will be pulled from the program. A reduced conference rate is available for speakers.
You should also remember to as early as possible; TAPPI's discounted rooms will go fast.
For Speaker Management System questions, please contact:
Jessica Reaves, +1 404.509.7477; firstname.lastname@example.org