NANO 2017 appreciates all of our conference speakers and we would like to offer you a reduced conference rate.
This rate will be published on our website once registration rates are available.
We will continually post information about speaking at NANO17 on our website. Please check it often for updates.
Abstract Submittal is CLOSED
Submissions are due by 31 December 2016.
Please submit your abstract via our Speaker Management System.
Important Deadlines for individuals that submitted an abstract
- Notification of Acceptance - 27 February 2017
- PowerPoint Draft Due to Session Chair - 6 May 2017
- Final PowerPoint Due to TAPPI - 29 May 2017
Speakers must register by 2 May 2017 to confirm inclusion in the technical program. A reduced conference rate is available for speakers.
A Nano 2017 PowerPoint template is provided for you to use for your presentation slides.
Presentation File Submission to TAPPI
Your presentation is subject to peer review and must comply with TAPPI antitrust and commercialism guidelines.
Submission guidelines are listed below and are also available in the following locations:
Once approved, your materials will also be included in the Conference proceedings, with your permission.
You may give TAPPI your permission on your submission form in the Speaker Management System.
Attendees at industry events in the US are becoming increasingly sensitive to antitrust compliance at face to face
meetings. Therefore, we remind all authors to follow these simplified guidelines in your paper or presentation slides. The full TAPPI antitrust guidelines may be found by clicking here.
- Mention of current or recent (i.e., within the last 90 days) or future production costs generally (including prices paid for raw materials, supplies and labor), and overall production or distribution costs with respect to any specific products should be avoided.
- Projected or actual cost savings related to a specific technological improvement or operational change may be discussed, as long as the specific before and after costs are not mentioned. Further, no comment whatsoever may be made about selling price changes that may occur as a result of the cost savings.
Relaxed Commercialism Policy
Although commerce is a driving force for our technologies, TAPPI technical sessions are not a platform for commercial (sales) presentations. Presentations that are technical and objective enhance the credibility of the presenter and his or her organization. Restricting commercialism ultimately benefits both the presenters and the TAPPI audience.
Excessive use of brand names, product names or logos, failure to substantiate performance claims, and failure to objectively discuss alternative methods, processes or equipment are indicators of sales presentations.
Please remember you must also register for the conference. Significantly reduced rates are available to speakers.
You should also remember to as early as possible; TAPPI's discounted rooms will go fast.
Additional Speaker Management System Instructions
The same link is used to create a new submission as well as to modify an existing submission in the Speaker Management System.
- Login to the Speaker Management System by creating a User Name and Password. If you have previously submitted to a different TAPPI event, you will have to create a new profile specifically for Nano 2017.
- Once you have created your profile, click on "add new submission."
- Select your preferred track and enter all applicable information to upload your abstract.
- Once you have typed or uploaded your abstract, click "save."
- To add your Manuscript or PowerPoint presentation to your submission, simply click "edit" and select the appropriate files from our computer and resave. You do not need to create a new submission.
For General Conference/Program/Sponsorship & Exhibit Questions, please contact:
Lisa Stephens; +1 770.209.7313; firstname.lastname@example.org
For Speaker Management System questions, please contact:
Jessica Reaves, +1 404.509.7477; email@example.com