Thank you for presenting at NANO 2017!
Please refer to the details below regarding your presentation.
Important Deadlines for individuals that submitted an abstract
- 2 May, 2017 - Speakers must register to confirm inclusion in the technical program.
- 6 May, 2017 - Draft PowerPoint is due to TAPPI for antitrust and commercialism review.
- 29 May, 2017 - Final PowerPoint is due to TAPPI.
We strongly recommend that you use the Nano 2017 PowerPoint template to prepare your presentation slides. Download Nano 2017 PowerPoint Template.
Preparing your Presentation
- Use the conference template
- PowerPoint size should be set at 16:9 (widescreen) view.
- Logos: For presenters from companies, the company name and logo should only appear on the first and last slide. For universities, the logo may appear on each slide.
- Review the tips for creating your slide deck
- Review Antitrust and commercialism guidelines below
Presentation File Submission to TAPPI
Please submit your presentation via our Speaker Management System. (see additional instructions at end of page).
Antitrust & Commercialism Guidelines
Unlike many other conferences, presenters at TAPPI Nano must have their presentation reviewed to ensure talks are in line with TAPPI’s antitrust and commercialism policies. Attendees at industry events in the US are becoming increasingly sensitive to antitrust compliance at face to face meetings. These policies protect the author, the industry, and TAPPI. Therefore, we remind all authors to follow these simplified guidelines in your presentation slides.
- Mention of current or recent (i.e., within the last 90 days) or future production costs generally (including prices paid for raw materials, supplies and labor), and overall production or distribution costs with respect to any specific products should be avoided.
- Projected or actual cost savings related to a specific technological improvement or operational change may be discussed, as long as the specific before and after costs are not mentioned. Further, no comment whatsoever may be made about selling price changes that may occur as a result of the cost savings.
- The full TAPPI antitrust guidelines may be found by clicking here.
Although commerce is a driving force for our technologies, TAPPI technical sessions are not a platform for commercial (sales) presentations. Presentations that are technical and objective enhance the credibility of the presenter and his or her organization. Restricting commercialism ultimately benefits both the presenters and the TAPPI audience. Excessive use of brand names, product names or logos, failure to substantiate performance claims, and failure to objectively discuss alternative methods, processes or equipment are indicators of sales presentations. Presenters with universities may include their logo on each slide template.
Please remember you must register for the conference by 2-May 2017. Significantly reduced rates are available to speakers. Also, you should consider booking a hotel room as early as possible; TAPPI's discounted rooms will go fast.
Additional Speaker Management System Instructions
The same link is used to create a new submission as well as to modify an existing submission in the Speaker Management System.
- Login to the Speaker Management System by creating a User Name and Password. If you have previously submitted to a different TAPPI event, you will have to create a new profile specifically for Nano 2017.
- Once you have created your profile, click on "add new submission."
- Select your preferred track and enter all applicable information to upload your abstract.
- Once you have typed or uploaded your abstract, click "save."
- To add your Manuscript or PowerPoint presentation to your submission, simply click "edit" and select the appropriate files from our computer and resave. You do not need to create a new submission.
For General Conference/Program/Sponsorship & Exhibit Questions, please contact: Lisa Stephens; +1 770.209.7313; email@example.com
For Speaker Management System questions, please contact: Jessica Reaves, +1 404.509.7477; firstname.lastname@example.org